As consumers increasingly live in a digitally driven society, social media management for hotels is becoming more and more crucial. With the help of this low-cost marketing tool, you can establish your brand, share it with the world, grow a following, and interact with both current and potential customers. How can you advertise your hotel on social media? Check out the full details below!
The Hospitality Industry and Social Media
Social media use in the travel and hospitality sector has increased dramatically in recent years, from virtual travel to vacation inspiration. People all over the world experience a fear of missing out because new trends are constantly emerging. You can start to understand the significance of social media management for hotels when you combine this with the desire to travel following the experience of a terrifying pandemic and countless hours of indoor scrolling.
More than half of the world’s population (approaching 60 percent) now uses social media, with 424 million new users joining in the previous year, according to a recent global social media statistics research summary. In addition, the study found that people spend an astounding 2.5 hours per day on social media on average.
Determine Your Audience
Understanding how hotels use social media to draw customers is necessary before implementing any social media management for hotels. However, be aware of and understand one aspect of it: your target audience. To effectively market your hotel on social media, all you need to do is create a detailed database of your target audience.
Best Practices for Hotel Social Media Management
After learning how to identify your target market, it’s time to consider how social media can be used to market your hotel. See the full explanation below:
Making Content for Your Hotel’s Social Media
When it comes to producing content for your hotel’s social media accounts, there are a few general guidelines to follow:
- Keep your brand consistent and interact with your audience
- Spend money wisely and work consistently to achieve your goals.
- Be genuine, but don’t be afraid to be imaginative.
There are also a few tips that can help you produce social media content for your hotel:
- Live-stream the activities taking place at your hotel.
- Post appealing images of your property.
- Include nearby restaurants or tourist hotspots.
- Showcase a feature or space on your property.
- Suggest nearby eateries or tourist hotspots.
Cost of Social Media Advertising
There are numerous ways that paid advertising opportunities can be found across the spectrum of social media marketing platforms. The options are endless, and so are the budgets, from lead ads to conversion events!
Platforms for Social Media That Make Sense
According to data, Facebook, Instagram, and Youtube are among the top five most popular social media platforms:
- Facebook is the most popular social media site.
- The age range between 25 and 34 accounts for more than 30% of Instagram users.
- YouTube emphasizes the long-term, ongoing shift toward original video.
Engagement in Social Media for Hotels
Success on social media depends on establishing relationships with your audience and interacting with your customers. Engaging with followers enables you to gain insight from the knowledge that might not have been previously available to you. Here are some useful tips to support your offline and online marketing initiatives while bringing your brand identity to life:
Never ignore reviews, not even the good ones. It demonstrates that you value your visitors and pay attention to their feedback.
- Respond to their reviews. It demonstrates your appreciation for your visitors and your attention to their feedback.
- As part of a coordinated effort to boost overall visitors, support your destination and the neighborhood partners.
- Always answer their questions. When users can’t easily find what they’re looking for, social media is an easy way for them to get in touch.
Social Media Management Tools for Hotels
The toolkit of a marketer expands as social media’s popularity rises even further. The following three tools are the best for managing social media for your hotel:
- Sprout Social – The user-friendly platform Sprout provides all the essentials as well as additional features like analytics insights and engagement opportunities.
- Buffer – This cost-effective choice has a user interface that is simple for both beginners and experts to use.
- Hootsuite – One of the earliest all-in-one social media management tools, supports bulk uploading, and has a wealth of resources available through its own academy.
Getting Your Hotel Ready for Social Media Success
Like any other form of marketing, social media requires investment and knowing what affects your business’s bottom line is invaluable. Here, targeting and tracking are our two main strategies. Focus on a smaller audience to attract more qualified users, and monitor your progress to see what is and isn’t working.
Are you still unsure of how to do social media management for hotels? SATUVISION professionals are here to assist you! Get in touch with us right away to manage the social media accounts for your hotel.